 |
I also got excited about this seriously awesome pic... |
For anyone who might be wondering, I most definitely did not mean to say "troubles" in my title...just thought I'd clear up the mere idea that I would allow a spelling error to creep into my beloved blog!! Perish the thought... ;) However, I most definitely did get excited about the unintended pun... But...I digress without even having begun!
 |
Each traboule had a lovely courtyard
hidden in its center |
I decided to mix things up a bit today and take the boys on a morning field trip to the old city. I recently learned that there are hundreds of small passageways (known as "
traboules") that pass through apartment buildings, connecting the narrow streets together. When I further learned that some of these passageways are said to have been constructed as early as the 4th century, visiting them was a done deal! Who doesn't like a little ancient history mixed with mystery?! So, here are some pics of our morning adventure in which we navigated narrow openings, crept behind 500 year-old doors, and even clambered our way up a medieval sewage system...
 |
| Remember how I love staircases?! |
 |
Medieval sewage = open sewage...and it
oddly still smelled that way... |
 |
| Oh...the color!!! |
 |
| Can't you tell how much fun we all had?! :) |
I guess this all just makes reason number 759 of why I love being in France...
That staircase picture is super cool! I hope it was more fun than the kid with a stick for a mustache would indicate. :)
ReplyDeleteActually, we really did have fun...the boys just have a pact to not smile in any of my photos because they like to tease me...
Delete