Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Grindstone

The picture for this post has nothing to do with anything, but...this is going to be a bit matter-of-fact and therefore needed some loveliness! Having almost fully recovered from our travelling spree, I again take up my pen...erm...keyboard...to enlighten you all on the wonderful world of governessing! There seems to be an idea that I've been playing more than working, so, just to clear things up a bit, I thought I'd give you a basic rundown of our Tuesday through Friday schedule during travel time:

5:30--I get my friendly wake-up call from the reception desk (I still don't have a phone)
5:45-6:30--I begin prepping lessons for the day
6:30-7:15--I prep myself for the day and re-pack my suitcase
7:15-7:50-ish--I finish prepping lessons for the day
8:00-8:30--breakfast at the hotel (in which I always eat lots of cheese and croissants)
8:30--we all drive to the church
9:00-10:00--I set up everything for school in whatever classroom I can find, hunt for chalk, make sure I can connect to the internet (which isn't always the case), and double check my lesson plans
10:00-12:30--school time!
12:30-1:30--lunch time!
1:30-4:30--either more school or a field trip
4:30-5:30--I get some peace and quiet in a secluded corner somewhere
6:00-8:00--we head on the road again to the next city in the tour
8:00-10:00--dinner in the new city
10:30-hotel check-in
11:30--bed-time

And then I do the same thing the next day, starting out in one city and ending in another one. Yes, that does only equal six hours of sleep each night. BUT--I usually make it pretty well! The evening schedule varies a bit, depending on how long President Roney takes with interviews and how far away the next city is. Sometimes, we eat dinner before leaving--although that just means we get to our hotel even later. Our record for late check-in was 12:30. Sigh... Of course, I couldn't possibly overlook the magical hours between 1:30 and 4:30 in which the fun really does occur! Field trips = the best part of my job. :) More on that next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment